Camille Conte - Widely known and adored as "CC".
Radio Broadcaster Master of Ceremonies Voice Actor
Camille's gifts are found in her personality. These gifts are expressed through her voice. With her voice, Camille makes a lasting impact on the people around her.
Whether it's as a radio broadcaster, an entertainer, an inspirational speaker or writer, master of ceremonies or auctioneer, the artist is expressed, and Camille's expression has been noted, awarded and acknowledged.
- 1991 National Association of Broadcaster's Marconi Award for Personality of the Year, Medium Market.
- The Nation Magazine's "Most Valuable Progressive, 2008, Local Media" alongside Rachel Maddow, who took national media honors.
- Local accolades from the Alaska Broadcaster's Association, the Anchorage Press' "Press Picks" and the Anchorage Daily News "*8 Magazine Reader's Picks" fill her studio shelves.
Camille Conte, a.k.a. CC, and in the earliest days, "CC Ryder", is a multi award-winning radio personality with 25 years of radio and media experience.
- 1987, CC worked with the Pacific Rim Broadcasting Network to help pioneer talk radio in Alaska on KENI AM and KENI FM.
- In 1991, CC hosted the mid-day show on 100.5 The Fox until 1997. Her lunch time show, "Classics to Go" showcased her unique on-air style and CC became the highest radio classic rock jock in the nation.
- in April of that year, she was featured on the cover of "We Alaskans" as the "most listened-to DJ in the state".
- From 1998 to 2001, CC hosted “Morning Line” on 90.3 KNBA and the Friday night award winning music show, "The Weekly Album Report".
- In January 2007, CC hosted the daily talk show, “Cutting Edge,” on 1080 KUDO, "Alaska’s Progressive Voice".
- During that historic 2008 presidential campaign, CC was featured on nationally syndicated talk shows The Thom Hartmann Show, The Ed Schultz Show, The Ron Reagan Show, Doing Time with Ron Kuby, Make it Plain with Mark Thompson, Clout and others.
In 1991, she launched Professional Production Concepts, which highlights her talents as an MC, Auctioneer and Voice Talent, as well as her expertise in marketing, advertising and event planning.
In 2001, Camille was featured on the cd, "Merry Christmas from Alaska" volume 3 singing the classic 1947 jazz tune, What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
In 2002, Camille joined forces with photographer, Christina DeNuptiis, and created a modern day sympathy card line called Healing Hearts Cards, inspired by the loss of her two brother's-in-law, the greeting card line focuses on the first year following loss.
In 2005, Camille's spiritual life came into focus through her website, This Awakening Spirit which features her talks, workshops and counseling.
Camille's natural presence on stage and her quick witted humor makes her a stand out in the field of MC's. She's raised tens of thousands of dollars for non-profits throughout the state as an Auctioneer and has voiced hundreds of commercials.
Born in the Bronx, Camille grew up in the great state of New Jersey and is a self proclaimed, happily obsessed Bruce Springsteen fan. She loves the Jersey shore, mountain biking, time with family and friends, dinner parties, live music, great conversation and poetry. The daughter of Ann and Rocco Conte, Camille has two older amazing sisters, five nieces and nephews along with a beautiful great niece, Isabella and super cool, great nephew, Burr and their dad, Burr Sr.